Sunday, May 11, 2008

Porthcawl

At the end of April the family, minus Jo, plus Liam Pitt and Louie went on holiday to a little holiday park in Porthcawl, South Wales. It was good to get away for a few days- even to this "Haven" type site. And before you start, I haven't got anything against Havens! Our holidays, when the kids were young, were always at Havens- the "Tiger Club", in house entertainment teams and family rooms where you had to get in early to get a decent seat! Now the kids are older, I thought we'd moved on... Obviously not!

The site was even selling mobile homes- some were very nicely done...the only alarming thing was Kaz saying we should sell the house, "when the kids leave" (WHEN THE KIDS LEAVE???? AS IF!!!!) and move into one of these! I had images of me having to sell or dump all my books. I came out in a cold sweat and felt sick!

Wales. How beautiful is Wales? I was entranced. A couple of days into the holiday we managed to drag the kids to Three Cliff Bay. Truly wonderful despite the wind coming off the sea. The beach was unspoilt, golden sand and hardly a soul there. This was my favourite part of the holiday.

No comments: