Sunday, December 31, 2006

Titanium cup


One of the presents I was bought for xmas was this titanium mug- from alpkit for £15, which for a TC is a pretty good price. Ty and Tina were over during the xmas break and we were talking about who got what etc- Ty was bemoaning the complexity of putting a free view box onto his tele (a present from Tina). I mentioned that I'd got this cup.
So Tina asked, could you open a can of soup, pour it in and put it on the fire. I assured her that you could use it in that way if you had a mind to. Tina was suitably impressed.
Until a few days latter she was telling someone about this amazing cup I'd got. Aparently, you could stick it in the fire and it would heat the soup, but be cold to the touch and could be removed from the fire with bare hands! I hastened to correct her ref the heat transferring properties of this metal. And despite my explaining that titanium was light and extremely hard wearing, she was inconsolable in her rejection of the usefulness of it to man/woman or beast.

No comments: