Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Egypt

So we're off to Egypt tomorrow morning, leaving the two youngest in the care of their grandmother whilst Kaz, Jo, her boyfriend and myself escape the rain and go and burn to a crisp at Sharm El Sheikh. Its Jo's 21st birthday and this is what she wanted to do. So its been fraught! Work is full on, Kaz bro's partner just had her first baby, we're trying to remortgage and Kaz and I were both trying to finish the books we have been reading! How sad is that!

Bags are packed, passports found, lost, then found again! Currency changed. My wardrobe discussed by Kaz and Jo- who never spares your feelings. She looks you up and down, arches an eyebrow, gives you one of those contemptous looks that say "Dad, you're NOT wearing that, are you?" Of course then I play up by suggesting wearing my boxers on my barnet as a form of head gear! Jo breaks and whines, "Tell him mum, I'm not being seen dead with him like that!" Jesus! You put your pants on your head and suddenly everyone is a fashion critic!

Anyhow I have about five books for the holiday. YES FIVE! I intend to drink, read, get a bit hot and have a dip in the pool. And repeat the process ad infinitum until I fall into the pool because I might have "overdone the sun a bit"! People think 5 books is alot, but they cater for my different moods!

No comments: