Sunday, January 28, 2007

Madam Y of Carpender's Park

The most intriguing comments I received were from the flirtatious femme fatale, Madam Y.

She said:
I am very disappointed that my sexy boots have not featured on your blog. Madam Y is feeling left out and has returned to Carpenters park feeling dejected. Make me feel good about myself please you wood craft folk master!
To oblige:

I first met Madam Y at Ty and Tina's just after Izzy was born, and we were doing that visiting thing you do when your mates have a baby. There's a very special atmosphere at that time which can never be equalled. I experienced the same feeling when my children were born. Its hard to describe. Its a quiet calmness soaked in tranquilty. Its like being in a village church alone. Except where churches tend to be cold, this was a golden warmth of hearth and home.


Anyway, Madam Y arrived with her intensely likeable partner.


She has an almost impish look, a bit cheeky, a bit naughty, a face made to smile and laugh. Dark eyes, dark hair cut fashionably short. A slim and stylish woman working in graphics (?) I think.


I've met her on a number of occasions since then. Both her and her partner are self employed and having two children on top, means that she must work like a Trojan. At one particular social gathering of the Goddards, she was wearing a fitted top, tight jeans and the most incredibly sexy boots I've ever seen. They were leather and knee high, if my memory serves me right. They had a little turn over at the top. Madam Y, being a mother and a woman of style, had managed to hit the balance between sheer indulgence, utility and mouth dropping sexiness... All from a pair of boots.


Now before you bleedin' well start... I haven't got a boot fetish or a need to be dominated...well maybe a bit! In those boots she should have signed herself off as Mistress Y! She told me how she'd worn them when taking the kids to school... I can imagine the looks she got from other parents.


Now, the thing is this. When you put on a pair of boots like that, does it make you feel sexy? Or is it just a prosaic thing? I mean, if I put a pair of walking boots on, I'm going walking. If I go on an anti fascist mobilisation I wear my DMs. So what does Madam Y think when she puts on those sexy boots?... "I need to get some more potatoes, the last lot were rotten, that's the last time I buy Mari Pipens."????!!!


These are questions that keep me awake at night.
Oh yeah, and she lived not far from me when she was younger...although to us Council Estate South Oxhey lads, Carpender's Park "birds" were always seen as devilishly sophisticated!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madam Y’s own interpretation of the bushcraft way.....

Bushcraft is about surviving and thriving in the natural environment, and the acquisition of skills and knowledge to do so. Skills include; firecraft, tracking, hunting, foraging, rope and twine-making.

Wearing knee high boots follows many similarities as listed above, surviving in the streets of BN1 takes a certain knowledge and skill, especially in the vicinity of the Prestonville...have you seen the hotch potch pavements in that area? “It’s all wrong!” Cracked and unsightly, Madam Y hopes that one is referring to the state of the pavements and not her personality...perhaps the residents of Hamilton Road could enlighten us...we must track them down. The less said about rope and twine-making the better quite frankly, unless there is a silent t. I prefer something fruity myself.

Primitive skills and technologies which are often thought of as crude or backward in the modern world can be of great importance and are seen in Bushcraft as great achievements.

Madam Y appreciates the primitive emotions that can be evoked at the sight of natural organic materials such as leather and buckle, in a modern world where even technological luddites have been known to google uncontrollably.

So bushcraft is a lifeskill. Which are the best woods to make a fire set from?
Come on baby light my fire!!! Need I say more? I LOVE CAMPING it up .

Boot wearing is also a lifecraft. By that I mean that one never stops learning, because there are always new skills to master, new knowledge to embrace, new environments to walk within. From sandal wearing birkie hippies to clog lovers, groups will embrace this programme. Many educators are returning to the potential of the outdoors as a theatre of learning. Sigh, human nature at its best.

beni said...

Well Madam Y makes a welcome return by demonstrating the similarities between bushcraft and bondage...er, sorry I mean leather boots and buckles.

Now I think I am a little closer to understanding what Madam Y thinks when she puts on her boots! Where you wearing them at 2AM when you typed your comments? Or your fluffy slippers with the bunnies on them?