Sunday, January 28, 2007

Man flu & pooing in the dark

Came down with a cold or something, which is a total bummer. Sniffing, hacking cough, high fever, feeling cold then hot, runny nose, feel like death warmed up... in short I'm dying. And instead of being allowed to gently expire on the sofa, Kaz produces one of her intermnible "to do" lists. I always try to put "Rodger the ol' man" on there...but Kaz won't let it get onto the list. Damn! Still you have to try don't you? As I like to say "You're a long time dead."

I lay on the sofa, a blanket tucked lovingly around me, whilst Kaz dressed as a Greek godess feeds me grapes from a silver platter.... see now I'm so feverish I'm halucinating!!!

We have a project in train at the moment. We are totally redoing our onsuite shower room. But its a bit of a task, new levelled ceiling, sunken lights, cloakroom toilet and handbasin and new shower, new tiled flooring and tiled walls. But it requires an electrician, a builder, a plasterer and a plumber... getting all those people into line is like herding cats. Ken, "The Odd Job Man of Ringmer" -first encountered in my blog- "Turtlehead of Light", did a great job and put up a new ceiling. Tim, our electrician, is due to come in mid next week. Between times there is no natural light... nor artifical light either for that matter, in the shower room. Being a bloke, when I do my ablutions I like to read something- Lord of the Rings, or War and Peace. But that's a bit difficult with no light. So I hit on a solution- I go into the bathroom with a head torch on! Makes me feel like I'm camping!! I only pray that the batteries hold out...

No comments: