Sunday, May 20, 2007

Still without a second toilet...the tiling saga continues



The job of sorting out the on suite shower room continues. It started in December when I pulled the ceiling down. But only in the last three weeks have we become a one toilet family! I don't know how you manage with one toilet and a household with three women!! But everyone else manages, so I should stop my bitching!

Left is what the tiling - noew completed will look like- no this isn't an actual picture, but we shamelessly copied this design in most regards. Kaz baulked at the cost of the stuff, and so typically of us we shopped around and bought stuff from various places- the back to wall toilet and shower cubicle from ebay (!) and the shower and circular small hand basin from Wicks. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. But my tiling is not perfect. The wall and floor tiles were from tileclick. They delivered- (well a delivery company they sub contracted did) but didn't tell us they'd been, and left the tiles in the garage... which we found by accident! I was about to ring them and sound off when Kaz hurried to tell me that the tiles were sitting in the garage. PHEW! Panic over. Anyway. Yesterday I finished the wall tiling and did a bit on the floor, which is a bit of a bastard, given the room is not square and therefore each tile needs to be measured at each end. The plan is to finish today, before we go walking tomorrow... we'll see!

No comments: