Thursday, May 10, 2007

System Crash and the end of the world

My regular readers... well Tina, will have noticed that I haven't posted recently. And this despite some cracking nights out and just plain funny ol' things happening.

Somehow my PC wiped out all my emails and saved favourites on internet explorer by reconfiguring the system... and yes, I committed the cardinal sin of NOT BACKING UP MY DATA!

So what things can I remember?

Well there was the night out in a pub over the other side of Worthing that's run by my old neighbour from Manor Road. Loo from Worthing showed up with her scabby little dog. Loo fussed over it like it was a child. It was lovely to see Loo after so long. She's still the same. Age hasn't done much to change her. As we sat there talking I realised what an insightful woman she really is. Loo is a walking metaphor for "Not judging a book by its cover." Kaz and I used to spend a lot of time with Loo, including dodgy Haven holidays when the kids were young. I have threatened to post a picture of her in her bra and knickers, with a gorrilla mask on!! (Don't ask!)

There have been some memorable evenings at the Goddards- including Izzy's naming ceremony, where Izzy's sponsors must have numbered about a dozen, including Matt and Oli- a gay couple who announced they were the "Fairy Godfathers"!!!!! And one of them is a copper- so its good to know that diversity is stating to happen in the MET!!! Another evening Ty was pretty tired and sneaked off to the sofa, so we put various toys around him (on his head, under his arm etc) and took photos of him. There is nothing quite like a sophisticated 40 something night out!!

I've been meeting Sally a few mornings on the train going up to London. That's been really lovely. Catching up and talking union stuff, which probably bores everyone else around us... usually means we get to spread out as the seats with us are rarely occupied!!

At the last PCS strike I was sent to RAF Wyton, and had to travel up over night to be able to get onto the picket line first thing. So I ended up staying in the George Inn in Huntingdon. The Inn was an old staging Inn for coaches, it was really something, steeped in history. And of course, Huntingdon is where Cromwell was born. They even had a tiny museum about him there. I wandered the high street in the evening and was struck by how few people were around- in Brighton its always buzzing! In fact Huntingdon retains its rural aspect so much that rabbits can be seen right by the railway station car park!

No comments: